I’m really proud to announce the “official” launch of the Three Steps Ahead Etsy Shop, where we are selling a diverse and frequently updated array of vintage goods and graphic design related pieces. Our current listings include:
- Canvas prints of Three Steps Ahead original designs, such as the “NYC: Isle of Manhattan” poster, derived from a design created for New York University
- World’s Fair souvenirs, such as this Atomium model from the 1958 Exposition in Brussels—part of my inspiration (amongst other examples) for the identity and website created for Lunar Lounge Design (to be posted about at a later date)
- “Hello! My Name Is” letterpress printed nametags, with type set in metal on a Ludlow Typograph and printed on a cute little Pearl platen press at the International Printing Museum—more about the process here
- A series of vintage record albums designed by Alex Steinweiss, father of the album cover, subject of many books, and inspiration for Michael Doret’s beautiful Steinweiss Script typeface set
- A collection of salvaged letterpress wood type. I should mention, too, that we are also managing the Etsy shop for the International Printing Museum, where many more pieces of wood type are available, along with vintage type specimen books, letterpress prints, and some exclusive Night Shift art.
And, to celebrate our official launch, I’m offering a 15% discount on all items in the Three Steps Ahead Etsy shop! Just use coupon code STEPAHEAD.