When our friends Jen & Noah came to stay with us recently, we jointly decided it would be a good idea to make each other mixtapes/mix-CDs/mix-p-threes after everybody had to return back to real life. Alyssa and I went straight to work on “Gonetimes,” a mix of music mostly themed around sadness, loss, and loneliness, but without being overly depressing to listen to.
Alyssa drew the “Gonetimes: A Mix” logo in pencil. I scanned said logo, and placed it on top of our double sad portrait photo. On the back side, we included a track listing, as well as a photo of us staring longingly out the window, awaiting our friends’ return.
We printed the whole thing ourselves (because it’s a one-off), and thanks to my Epson Artisan 810 (my review here), we were able to print in very high quality directly on the CD itself. The same image was printed on the booklet as was printed on the CD. The slight difference in paper color between the CD label and the booklet gave it a sort of “lens” effect, which looks cool when one is aligned perfectly on the other.
I think it’s the best mix we’ve put together since the wedding. In case anybody is interested, here’s the track listing:
- Bob Marley & The Wailers—There She Goes
- Bob Dylan—Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
- Hazel Dickens & Alice Gerrard—The One I Love Is Gone
- Led Zeppelin—That’s The Way
- The Undisputed Truth—Ain’t No Sun Since You’ve Been Gone
- 9th Creation—Come Back Home
- The Zombies—Going Out Of My Head [Live on BBC Radio]
- Jocelyn Enriquez—Do You Miss Me
- Player—Baby Come Back
- André Popp—Love Is Blue
- The Free Design—Stay Another Season
- Chicago—If You Leave Me Now
- Tenacious D—Dude (I Totally Miss You)
- Air—Alone In Kyoto